REQUIREMENTS for SIRS (State Inspection Records System):
- Internet Access for both Installation AND Technical Support.
An extra charge may apply if internet access is not available when support is requested.
- Windows 7 minimum (XP is no longer supported.)
- 1+ Gb OF RAM
- Minimum of 20GB of free hard drive space
- No less than 3 open USB ports (configured for read/write capability)
- An attached, installed laser printer (or optional network printer)
- An installed Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS); not a “power strip”
- A removable, 4 GB OR LARGER “jump” drive.
- Internet access REQUIRED (both BOTH installation and continuing support.)
- If an administrator password is required to access your computer, you must allow CompuSpections access to load the SIRPA software at the administrator level.
The following DOCUMENTS/MATERIALS must be available to the installer at the time installation.
- A complete list of Certified Technicians including full names and license numbers
- Dealer Plate Number(s) used for inspection of internal vehicles (PDI’s)
- Dealer Insurance Card
- All MV-431 books for the current campaign (needed to verify the correct sequence number)
- Physical count of available stickers (needed to verify the current available sticker numbers)
- 3-ring binder to store new MV-431 sheets
- 3-hole punch
Typically, we allocate three (3) to seven (7) hours to complete the software installation and staff training. Additional hourly cost will be charged if we are forced to delay installation or training because of lack of equipment, equipment not installed, or access/permission to designated computer or network is denied.